/*point table upper*/ -->

Friday 10 June 2016

Rafael Nadal to miss due to wrist injury

Rafael Nadal pulled out of the French Open and now Rafael Nadal will be missing from Wimbledon.The 30-year-old Spaniard is still struggling with the wrist injury that forced him to withdraw in Paris.


"As you can all imagine, it's a very tough decision, but the injury I suffered at Roland Garros needs time to heal," he wrote on his Facebook page.
The injury to Nadal's left wrist caused him to withdraw from the French Open one day after his second-round win against Argentina's Facundo Bagnis -- a landmark 200th grand slam victory.
Rafael Nadal will not participate in the 2016 edition of Wimbledon due to left wrist injury. The injury forced the Spaniard to withdraw midway through the French Open.

Nadal announced his decision with a post on his official Facebook account.

“Hi everybody. I’m sad to announce that after talking to my doctors, and receiving the results of my last medical revision, I won’t be able to play at Wimbledon this year.

As you can all imagine, it’s a very tough decision, but the injury I suffered at Roland Garros needs time to heal. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to join in the pre-tournament event #TheBoodles at ‪#‎Stokepark‬ that I attended in previous years.

Thank you all for your support, especially my fans. Your kind messages mean so much to me.”
Nadal's career has been plagued by injuries, most notably to his knees, but he also missed the 2014 U.S. Open with a right wrist problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment